The Adult Reading Center is pleased to announce that the planning of the 2nd Annual Red Carpet Gala benefiting the Adult Reading Center is in full swing! As the planning begins, the excitement of the volunteers involved really shows. With still a few months out to the event, the Center believes in the importance of starting the planning so early. The 2nd Annual Red Carpet Gala will be held on October 11 at 7:00 p.m., at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Pearland.
“Much of the work done by the Red Carpet Gala Committee relies on the great work of volunteers and engagement of the community”, says the President and CEO, Mrs. Dale Pillow. “The Gala brings in sponsorships, ticket sales and donations. All of it allows us to hold such a wonderful event, but it primarily helps fund the Center’s free adult English literacy, GED, citizenship, computer literacy, and workforce development programs.”
The fundraising events hosted by the Adult Reading Center represent over 17% of the Center’s total annual income. In its first edition, the Red Carpet Gala raised close to $15,000, exceeding all expectations. The goal for this year’s event is to raise $25,000, which will be used towards funding the programs offered by the Center.
The 2nd Annual Red Carpet Gala will feature a night of fun with various casino-style gambling games, including poker, blackjack, craps and roulette, as well as a performance by a DJ and a silent auction. The Gala will be a great opportunity to get your dancing shoes and gala outfit out of the closet, while at the same time supporting the literacy cause.
If you’re interested in being one of the event Sponsors or in purchasing tickets, contact Cecilia Madero, Events & Communications Coordinator, at Cecilia.Madero@AdultReadingCenter.org or (281) 485-1000.
Sponsorship Levels include:
- Literacy Benefactor – $3,500 (2 tables for 8; 2 drink tickets/per person, $20,000 in chips/per person & publicity on website, print and social media)
- Literacy Champion – $2,000 (1 table for 8; 2 drink tickets/per person, $15,000 in chips/per person & publicity on website, print and social media, and premier logo placement at Gala)
- Literacy Advocate – $1,500 (1 table for 8; 2 drink tickets/per person, $12,500 in chips/per person & publicity on website, print and social media, and premier logo placement at Gala)
- Literacy Believer – $1,000 (1 table for 8; 2 drink tickets/per person, $10,000 in chips/per person & publicity on website, print and social media, and premier logo placement at Gala)
- Literacy Graduate – $500 (Open seating for 4, 2 drink tickets/per person, $10,000 in chips/per person & publicity on website, print and social media)
- Literacy Patron / Individual Ticket -$100 (includes 2 drink tickets & $10,000 in casino chips)
The Adult Reading Center accepts donations and sponsorships throughout the year through its website www.adultreadingcenter.org. Donations make a huge difference to someone with low literacy skills!
Highlights of last year’s Gala:
Roulette at the 2013 Gala!
Patrons enjoy a game of Craps
The Blackjack table
About the Adult Reading Center:
The Adult Reading Center is the only professional community-based literacy provider in our service area that utilizes volunteer tutors to support its mission of providing instruction at no charge to adults with limited literacy skills. Many of these individuals have difficulty functioning effectively in the community due to poor speaking, reading, or writing English skills.
The Adult Reading Center is an economic incubator and a complete service center using a comprehensive approach that will take adult learners from learning to read, write and speak English to obtaining a GED and a job earning a living wage while becoming contributing members of our community.